NELTA is…A Teaching Schools Alliance that thrives on strength through collaboration
Beal High School is one of only 150 schools in England to be granted teaching school status in the third wave (March 2013)
The designation by the National College for School Leadership entitles the school to lead the training and professional development for staff.
Teaching schools are outstanding schools that work with others to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
Teaching school alliances are led by a teaching school and include schools that are benefiting from support, as well as strategic partners who lead some aspects of training and development. Our strategic partners include other schools, universities, such as UCL and King’s College London, as well as private sector organisations. NELTA also works with other local alliances to share knowledge and resources as part of the North East London Teaching Schools Network.
As a teaching school alliance we identify, develop and co-ordinate expertise for the benefit of pupils across our network of schools, resulting in:
* better results for pupils
* fewer poorly performing schools
* more good and outstanding schools
* a self-improving and sustainable system
Our main focus as an alliance is:
* School-led initial teacher training – as well as working with UCL and King’s NELTA is also a very successful accredited provider of initial teacher training in its own right
* Continuing professional development – we offer many programmes of CPD ranging from initial teacher training, through to programmes for NQTS, RQTs, middle and senior leaders as well as safeguarding, safer recruiting and first aid training
* Supporting other schools – we have a well-established system of successful school to school support