Beacon Academy Trust – Facilities Assistant
Location: Ilford, Essex
Salary: £19,917 – £21,984
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Please forward your electronic applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
|Purpose of role|
|Working as part of a team to support the best possible teaching and learning experience. The Facilities Assistant plays an integral part in the security, repairs and maintenance of the school/campus and its environment.|
|General duties and responsibilities|
· To advise performance managers on matters relating to energy control and conservation
· To assist in safety audits of the premises and contribute to relevant risk assessment activity
· Be responsible for maintaining records, information and data, producing analysis and reports as required
Organisation & Supervisory
· Demonstrate and assist in the safe effective use of specialist equipment/materials
· Provide specialist advice and guidance as required
· Portering duties e.g. delivering mail, moving furniture and equipment
· Assist in management, administration and operation of the team’s work including lettings
· Monitor stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources & undertaking audits as required
· Organise the use and maintenance of all school vehicles and to carry out driving duties when required
· Identify and organise via both the school and the facilities calendar the required set up for planned events.
· Promote and ensure the health and safety of pupils, staff & visitors (in accordance with appropriate health and safety legislation and Trust policies, at all times
· Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
· Prioritising and reporting of jobs/issues/works required
· Liaising and supervision with outside agencies and contractors to ensure all works are completed to a high standard and signed off, reporting any issues to performance managers
· Liaise and report to performance managers & attend meetings as required
· Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
· Present a positive personal image, contributing to a welcoming school environment which supports equal opportunities
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties and responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management that are broadly within the level of the post.