Beacon Academy Trust – HR/Finance Administration Apprentice
Location: Ilford, Essex
Salary: £198 p/week
Duration: 12 months FTC/36 hours/52 weeks per year.
We are seeking to appoint an Administration Apprentice to support a busy educational trust. The Administration Apprentice will be required to undertake administration in all areas.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Please forward your electronic applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
HR Admin Apprenticeship
Reporting to: HR Officer
Role Aim: To provide an effective and efficient HR service for the efficient conduct of the Beacon Multi Academy Trust
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To be the first point of contact for all HR related queries
- Provide administrative support and cover for the HR department
- To administer activities associated with the entire employee cycle such as recruitment, induction, new joiners, performance management, training and development and leavers.
- Contributing to the successful achievement of team plans by undertaking administration processing work efficiently and reporting on the progress until completion
- To ensure that all employee data and personnel files are secure, accurate, up-to-date and fully compliant with all relevant legislation
- Maintain and update the HR system
- To understand the nature of this role and to ensure confidentiality
- Manage holiday and sickness calendar
- Help with the smooth running of the office including maintaining and replenishing office supplies
- Organise internal and external meetings including logistics, i.e. booking meeting rooms, order refreshments/food and necessary equipment
Technical and Behaviour Criteria
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Excellent IT skills, and proficient in the use of IT packages
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on sole assignments
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities and safeguarding
- A good understand of the need for confidentiality
- The ability to absorb information readily and speedily and work under pressure
- Excellent team working skills, and support colleagues
- Pragmatism and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to build strong relationships across all parts of the business
- Flexibility as the role may require working between Academies within the Trust
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management that are broadly within the level of the post.